Drop-Off & Pick-Up Procedures
Due to staffing shortages, you may experience transportation delays or cancellations. In the event you need to drop off your child in the morning or pick them up in the afternoon, here are our procedures.
Morning Drop Off
If you choose to drop your child off at school, please anticipate this process will take 10-15 minutes or more depending on how many families drive their child to school. The first cars will not be able to drop off students until 9:05 am. Please follow the traffic pattern shown below to drop off or pick up your child at the AMS South main entrance. We have created stack up lanes to accommodate as many cars as possible in our parking lot. These stack up lanes begin at the southwest corner of the parking lot behind the school. You can enter the pickup lane two ways:
- Enter from the roundabout at Avon Avenue (IN 267) and East County Road 25 South.
- Enter from Rockville Road (US Highway 36). Drive south and turn right just past the Avon Schools Police Department and proceed to the stack up lanes.
Enter one of the stack up lanes and prepare to merge back to one lane alternating left to right. This single lane proceeds along the west side of the school and turns toward the front of our school. Please follow the directions of staff as they ask you to pull as far forward as possible so we can unload several cars at one time. Do not pull out of line or create a second lane in front of the school.
Afternoon Pick Up
Please anticipate this process will take 15-20 minutes or more depending on how many families drive their child to school. The first students will be dismissed at 4:05 pm. When teachers walk their class to busses, students riding home with parents will report to the cafeteria and sit down in the designated seats. Parents picking up will need to follow the pick-up lane layout shown here. Parents must display a sign with the student's name in the passenger window. A staff member will read the student's name as you turn close to the front of the school and use a radio to call into the cafeteria for your child. You will proceed to door one to pick up your child.
Hours of Operation
Summer: M-F, 7:30 am-4:00 pm
School Year: M-F, 5:30 am-5:00 pm
ACSC Transportation Center
255 South Avon Avenue
Avon, IN 4123
What if a route is cancelled?
- If Avon Schools cannot provide bus transportation, parents will be asked to provide transportation or the student will be marked excused in their attendance
- If we cannot provide transportation in the morning, evening transportation will not be provided either.
- Avon Schools will alert you through ParentSquare if transportation is not available. Our goal is to be in touch at least an hour before the first scheduled pick up.
- Parents should update their pick-up lists to include trusted adults who may be required to pick up their child after school.