2021-22 School Start/End Times
|Bus Drop Time||Start/End Time||Office Hours|
|9:10 am||9:20 am - 4:05 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm|
You can access much more info about the start of the school year by viewing our New School Year Guide.
- Students become critical thinkers as they learn to make connections between prior knowledge and current concepts to prepare for future challenges.
- Teachers develop honest, supportive relationships with their students.
- Students build collaborative relationships with their peers.
- Students are aware of and confident about the expectations, which are both clear and consistent throughout the school.
- Students have a wide variety of extra-curricular opportunities.
- A supportive environment encourages students to pursue their ambitions.
A Note from the Principal
I have enjoyed the privilege of working with middle school students as a teacher, coach, assistant principal, and principal since 1987. This is my twenty-third year as a middle school principal.
My wife and I are blessed to have two sons. Our oldest son is currently working part time at IKEA while also starting his own business. Our youngest son is now a first year law school student at the University of Texas.
My oldest son teases me that I can't get past eighth grade. I truly enjoy working with middle school students. Helping students through this awkward stage of growing up is not always easy but it is rewarding. I have clearly found the school level that best matches my skills and passion. I have no desire to do anything other than help create the best middle school experiences possible for our students.
I am focused on helping middle school students develop strong character. I believe that a person of character is trustworthy, treats people with respect, is responsible, is fair, is caring, and is a good citizen. When we begin the day focused on being people of strong character, we set ourselves up for success.
I am convinced that Avon Middle School South is a great place for middle school students to learn grow, and belong. Please feel free to call me at 544-5700 to discuss any questions, concerns, or positive comments you have about our school. Together we can help your child and our students become successful adults.
AMS South Principal