2021-22 School Start/End Times
|Bus Drop Time||Start/End Time||Office Hours|
|9:10 am||9:20 am - 4:05 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm|
You can access much more info about the start of the school year by viewing our New School Year Guide.
AMS South Mission Statement
We all learn, grow, and belong.
- Students become critical thinkers as they learn to make connections between prior knowledge and current concepts to prepare for future challenges.
- Teachers develop honest, supportive relationships with their students.
- Students build collaborative relationships with their peers.
- Students are aware of and confident about the expectations, which are both clear and consistent throughout the school.
- Students have a wide variety of extra-curricular opportunities.
- A supportive environment encourages students to pursue their ambitions.
A Note from the Principal
I have enjoyed the privilege of working with middle school students as a teacher, coach, assistant principal, and principal since 1987. This is my twenty-third year as a middle school principal.
My wife and I are blessed to have two sons. Our oldest son is currently working part time at IKEA while also starting his own business. Our youngest son is now a first year law school student at the University of Texas.
My oldest son teases me that I can't get past eighth grade. I truly enjoy working with middle school students. Helping students through this awkward stage of growing up is not always easy but it is rewarding. I have clearly found the school level that best matches my skills and passion. I have no desire to do anything other than help create the best middle school experiences possible for our students.
I am focused on helping middle school students develop strong character. I believe that a person of character is trustworthy, treats people with respect, is responsible, is fair, is caring, and is a good citizen. When we begin the day focused on being people of strong character, we set ourselves up for success.
I am convinced that Avon Middle School South is a great place for middle school students to learn grow, and belong. Please feel free to call me at 544-5700 to discuss any questions, concerns, or positive comments you have about our school. Together we can help your child and our students become successful adults.
AMS South Principal
7199 East U.S. Highway 36
Avon, IN 46123
p (317) 544-5700
f (317) 544-5701
8th Grade Counselor
7th Grade Counselor